Code & Data
Willett FR, Avansino DT, Hochberg LR, Henderson JM*, Shenoy KV* (2021) High-performance brain-to-text communication via imagined handwriting. Nature. 593:249-254.
- Shenoy KV, Willett FR, Nuyujukian P, Henderson JM (2021) Performance considerations for general-purpose typing BCIs, including the handwriting BCI. Technical Report #01. url
- Willett FR, Avansino DT, Hochberg LR, Henderson* JM, Shenoy* KV (2021) DataDryad: All electrophysiology data reported in Willett et al. Nature 2021. url
- Willett FR, Avansino DT, Hochberg LR, Henderson* JM, Shenoy* KV (2021) GitHub: All code written and used in Willett et al. Nature 2021. url
Even-Chen N*, Sheffer B*, Vyas S, Ryu SI, Shenoy KV (2019) Structure and variability of delay activity in premotor cortex. PLoS Computational Biology. 15(2): e1006808.
Churchland MM*, Cunningham JP*, Kaufman MT, Foster JD, Nuyujukian P, Ryu SI, Shenoy KV (2012) Neural population dynamics during reaching. Nature. 487:51-56.
- The jPCA MATLAB code pack, including examples, can be downloaded from Professor Mark Churchland's Lab site: Code -- jPCA
Spike Sorting -- MKsort
- Matt Kaufman, during his graduate work, wrote a spike-sorting program in Matlab called MKsort.
- It is now distributed by Ripple LLC, freely and as open source software.
- It is targeted mainly for use with Utah arrays, but can be used with other systems as well.
- It is presently considered in "beta", but it is quite stable and has been in use by the Shenoy Lab and other Labs for several years.
- It can be downloaded from Matt Kaufman's Lab site: MKsort
Churchland MM*, Yu BM*, Cunningham JP, Sugrue LP, Cohen MR, Corrado GS, Newsome WT, Clark AM, Hosseini P, Scott BB, Bradley DC, Smith MA, Kohn A, Movshon JA, Armstrong KM, Moore T, Chang SW, Snyder LH, Lisberger SG, Priebe NJ, Finn IM, Ferster D, Ryu SI, Santhanam G, Sahani M, Shenoy KV (2010) Stimulus onset quenches neural variability: a widespread cortical phenomenon. Nature Neuroscience. 13:369-378.
- The Variance MATLAB code pack, including examples, can be downloaded from Professor Mark Churchland's Lab site: Code -- Variance toolbox
Yu BM, Cunningham JP, Santhanam G, Ryu SI, Shenoy KV*, Sahani M* (2009) Gaussian-process factor analysis for low-dimensional single-trial analysis of neural population activity. Journal of Neurophysiology. 102:614-635.
- The GPFA MATLAB code pack, including examples, can be downloaded from Professor Byron Yu's Lab site: